June 2016 Announcements
posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2016
Summer greetings from your friends from TABA! We have a lot of programming and social activities in the pipeline. Come join us!
TABA News, Events and Reminders
- Friend of TABA and attorney with Inner City Law Center, Ami Nguyen, will be spearheading presentations on Tenant's Rights in and for the Thai community in July. She will discuss issues related to illegal evictions, housing discrimination, and housing repairs. If you are interested in helping in this effort, please contact email@example.com.
- Need to spice up your current workout regimen? In July, come learn Muay Thai with the TABA Board in Seal Beach. Further details to come!
- TABA's Summer Social will take place in August. Stay tuned for the event details!
- TABA will host a Community Information Session in the Fall consisting of expert panelists who will discuss various legal issues and offer advice to business owners. The event details will follow shortly. If you are interested in participating, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you to those who have renewed their Membership! It's never too late; sign up today! The TABA 2016 Membership Form is available under the Membership Tab.
TABA in Action
- On Wednesday, June 8, at 6 pm, TABA is co-sponsoring an informative panel exploring advocacy and issues relating to how crimes of domestic violence, sexual assault, and rape are investigated and prosecuted both in the United States and in India. Highlights will also be shown from the BBC documentary film "India's Daughter" which covered the shocking gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old medical student named Jyoti Singh on a bus in Delhi, and the subsequent protests and dialogues about gender issues in India.
Where: O'Melveny & Myers LLP, 400 S. Hope St., 18th Fl., Los Angeles, CA 90071
Panelists: Dr. Paromita Chattoraj, Assistant Professor, School of Law, KIIT University (India), Marilyn Tran, Outreach and Education Coordinator, Center for the Pacific Asian Family (CPAF), Ayano Wolff, Staff Attorney, Survivor and Family Empowerment (SAFE) Project, Asian Americans Advancing Justice-LA and Moderator: Professor Paula Mitchell, Executive Director of the Project for the Innocent, Loyola Law School
Cocktails and appetizers, and validated parking provided at this free event! MCLE credit (at least 0.5 Elimination of Bias) will also be available.
Co-Hosted by: APABA, SABA, O'Melveny & Myers, Asian Americans Advancing Justice-LA, Center for the Pacific Asian Family, Loyola Law School
Questions? Contact Roger Hsieh at email@example.com.
- TABA is a proud co-host of the 2016 Samakkee Summit, a 3-day conference offering Thai and Thai-Americans opportunities for networking, professional growth, and discourse concerning social and legal issues. The Summit will be held August 26-28 at Empress Pavilion (988 N Hill St #201, Los Angeles, CA 90012) and NOBO. Mark your calendars! More information can be found at samakkee.org. Please direct any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Thai Community Development Center (Thai CDC) is holding a Business Succession Planning panel on June 25, 2016, starting at 11 AM at the Palm Village Senior Apartments, 9050 Laurel Canyon Blvd., Sun Valley, CA 91352, as part of its 6-week Entrepreneurship Program. If you are interested in attending, please contact email@example.com
- Need Elimination of Bias CLE credit? Come join the Law Offices of Lim Ruger on July 14, 2016, as they present "Flex-time, Flex-place, Flex-bias" as part of their 2016 Women @ the Table series. Learn what types of accommodations or arrangements firms can reasonably provide to make lawyers more productive while improving work-life balance and impacts on flexibility bias. For more information, please see the flyer here. Please RSVP to Gi Song at firstname.lastname@example.org