posted on Sunday, August 17, 2014
1. Thai CDC 20th Anniversary GalaOn September 18, 2014, the Thai Community Development Center will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary by holding a “Rise of the Thai Americans Gala,” paying tribute to the accomplishments of Thai Americans in this country and their important and significant contributions to our economy, political landscape and social, and cultural fabric.
The Gala is expected to be very momentous as we will also be highlighting the impact that Thai CDC has had over the past two decades in advancing the social and material interests of Thai immigrants and other disadvantaged and vulnerable immigrants in their struggle for a voice, rights and justice.
Tickets can be purchased at: http://www.thaicdc.org/galatickets
Date: September 18, 2014
Time: 6:00PM Cocktail Hour, 7:30PM – 9:30PM Dinner and Show
Where: Belasco Theater, 1050 Hill Street, Los Angeles, 90015
Thai CDC Honorary Committee Members are:
Congressman Adam Schiff
State Senator Kevin de Leon
State Assemblyman Mike Gatto
County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
Los Angeles City Councilman Mitch O’Farrell
Thai CDC Social Impact Awardees are:
Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Vibul Vichit-Vadakan
Political Impact Award – Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth
Legal Impact Award – Anna Park
Arts & Entertainment Award – Cherry Chevapravatdumrong
Community Service Award – Teresa Chung
Youth Impact Award - Awirut Tonyuad
The evening’s emcee is Prince Gomolvilas who is billed as the only Thai-American playwright, TED Talk speaker and USC professor. We will be having various cultural performances including appearances from other world renowned leaders within the entertainment and food industry.
Besides tickets, donations, and ad purchases, sponsorship opportunities are also available....
Because Thai CDC is a charitable, non-profit organization, your contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law and will support the vital and critical programs and services.
Please let us know if you are able to attend.
2. APABA Law Student MixerAPABA will be hosting their annual Law Student Mixer on September 18, 2014. TABA has co-sponsored for this event. Any members who would be interested in attending, please let us know.
3. Advancing Justice LA's Annual DinnerAdvancing Justice LA will be hosting their Annual Dinner once again!! TABA will be looking to fill a half-table (5 seats) at the dinner. Each ticket will cost $150. The dinner will be on October 23, 2014 at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel. The dinner chair is Noel Massie, President of UPS Southern California District.
If you are interested and can attend, please let us know as soon as possible. Again, we are looking to fill half a table. However, if we could even get a full table, that would be awesome too!!
4. SAVE THE DATE FOR THE PRO BONO ELDER LAW CLINIC!!!Our 2nd Pro Bono Elder Law Clinic will be held on November 2nd. The location is still TBD and we will update you as it develops. If you know any estate planning attorneys who would be willing to help, please let either Panida Rzonca or Kat Khommarath know!! And if you know of any notary's who would be willing to donate their time to notarize the documents that will be drafted at the clinic, that would be great as well!!!
Last year we have a tremendous turn out thanks to the collaborative efforts among TABA, APABA LA, and Advancing Justice. And Thai CDC was gracious to let us use their facility in Sun Valley. We're hoping this year will be even bigger and better!!!
5. BEACH DAYYYYYY
What would a summer be like without a beach day?!! BORING!! So TABA will be hosting a beach day for its members, friends, and family to close out the summer. It will be at Huntington Beach on September 6th from 12pm noon - 8pm (sunset). There will be beach activities : volleyball, soccer, football, frisbie...and plenty of food!!! We'll have the whole set up next to a bonfire on the beach!!
If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com. We will plan everything accordingly and send out more details as the event approaches.
6. NAPABA ConventionNAPABA Convention is a few months away, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't register now if you're planning on attending!! It'll be in Scottsdale, AZ this year.
If you would like to register please visit this website.