Women@theTable 2015, Panel 1 / 530pm Wed May 6, Lim Ruger & Kim LLP
posted on Sunday, May 03, 2015
Please join TABA and the Lim Ruger firm for the first of a three-panel Women@theTable series.
Hit or Miss? Women Lawyers’ Litigation and Trial Strategies
Women lawyers approach the courtroom in ways that men don’t. What do women lawyers do that get them great results with judges and juries? What do women lawyers do that are not effective for getting the results they want? Join a panel of distinguished judges for a discussion about observation from the bench and insights on becoming a more effective advocate in the courtroom and in trial.
Hon. Holly Fujie
Hon. Rex Heeseman (Ret.)
Hon. Teresa Sanchez-Gordon
Wed May 6, 2015
Lim Ruger & Kim, LLP
1055 W 7th St, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(1 Hour CLE Provided)
Light refreshments will be served and parking validations will be provided. SPACE IS LIMITED. RSVP required to Cecilia Son at cecilia(dot)son(at)limruger(dot)com.
Advancing Justice and the LA Law Library's APA Heritage Month Programming / May
posted on Sunday, April 26, 2015
TABA joins Advancing Justice - LA and the LA Law Library to co-sponsor programming at the LA Law Library, 301 W 1st St, Los Angeles, in honor of National Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2015, directed towards providing assistance to the APA community and raising awareness about its unique social and legal issues.
Register online at www.lalawlibrary.org/classes to reserve a spot for these events! See this flyer for the latest details. Questions may be directed to Christina Yang, Advancing Justice-LA Pro Bono Director, at email@example.com.
• Saturday, May 2, 12-4 pm: Deferred Action Volunteer Training and Workshop (Free MCLE)
• Thursday, May 14, 6:30-8 pm: Working with Interpreters Training (Free MCLE)
• Friday, May 15, 3-5 pm: Asian Legal Research ($35 MCLE)
• Friday, May 15, 4:15-5:15 pm: Serving Limited-English Proficient Individuals
• Friday, May 15, 4:15-5:15 pm: Understanding Domestic Violence
• Friday, May 15, 5:30-7 pm: API Community Needs and Volunteerism
• Friday, May 15, 7 pm - Concert & Community Celebration, featuring drinks, food, and South Asian musicians (at Ebanos Crossing, 200 S. Hill St., Los Angeles)
• Wednesday, May 20, 6:30-8 pm: Immigration Remedies for Domestic Violence Survivors (Free MCLE)
• Thursday, May 28, 6:30-8 pm: Citizenship Processing Training
On display at the LA Law Library throughout the month of May will also be a display of Asian American art and imagery provided by Visual Communications.