May 2016 Announcements
posted on Friday, May 13, 2016
Tremendous thanks to all our friends who came to support us at our 2016 Installation Dinner! We are motivated by your contribution and encouragement! We will endeavor to seek out creative opportunities to enrich the community and legal profession.
Happy Asian Pacific American Heritage Month!
TABA News, Events and Reminders
- TABA will host another Community Information Session in June consisting of expert panelists who will discuss issues and offer advice for business owners. The event details will follow shortly.
- Thank you to those who have renewed their Membership! It's never too late; sign up today!
TABA in Action
- TABA joins our sister bar, WLALA, in promoting Bar Association Volunteer Day. On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 9:00 A.M., bar association members will partner with the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank to fill and distribute food to children through its Backpack Program! To participate, please email Kathleen McDowell at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the LA Food Bank, please the LA Food Bank Flyer.
- TABA celebrates Asian Pacific American Heritage Month! TABA is co-sponsoring APABA's event, "Margin of Victory: The Asian Pacific American Vote" taking place Thursday, May 19, 2016 from 6:00 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. at the Ronald F. Deaton Civic Auditorium, 100 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012. Please RSVP at bit/ly/1Wydxwm. For more information, please see the APABA-APAHM Flyer or email Helen Tran at email@example.com
- TABA is a first-time co-sponsor of the Thai Association of Southern California's (TASC) Annual Sports Day! The event will take place Sunday, May 29, 2016. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- TABA is a proud co-host of the 2016 Samakkee Summit, a 3-day conference offering Thai and Thai-Americans opportunities for networking, professional growth, and discourse concerning social and legal issues. The Summit will be held August 26-28 at Casa Vertigo, 1828 Oak Street, Los Angeles 90015. Mark your calendars! More information can be found at samakkee.org. Please direct any inquiries to email@example.com.
AFFILIATE INSTALLATION DINNERS
Interested in supporting our sister bar associations?
Come join TABA's representatives at the final installation dinner of the season:
May 13 - APAWLA
TABA will subsidize 25% of the ticket price for up to five (5) attendees to the APAWLA dinner. First come, first served!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention Law Students! TABA is a co-sponsor of The Public Interest Boot Camp, a free training program for law students holding internships at public interest law agencies, government, and other legal organizations that serve low and moderate income individuals. Save the Date: Thursday, June 2, 2016! Registration information will follow. For more information, please see the attached flyer.
- Please Save the Date for an informative panel exploring advocacy and issues relating to how crimes of domestic violence, sexual assault, and rape are investigated and prosecuted both in the United States and in India. Highlights will also be shown from the BBC documentary film "India's Daughter" which covered the shocking gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old medical student named Jyoti Singh on a bus in Delhi, and the subsequent protests and dialogues about gender issues in India.
When: Wednesday, June 8, at 6 pm
Where: O'Melveny & Myers LLP, 400 S. Hope St., 18th Fl., Los Angeles, CA 90071
Panelists: Dr. Paromita Chattoraj, Assistant Professor, School of Law, KIIT University (India), Marilyn Tran, Outreach and Education Coordinator, Center for the Pacific Asian Family (CPAF), Ayano Wolff, Staff Attorney, Survivor and Family Empowerment (SAFE) Project, Asian Americans Advancing Justice-LA and Moderator: Professor Paula Mitchell, Executive Director of the Project for the Innocent, Loyola Law School
Cocktails and appetizers, and validated parking provided at this free event! MCLE credit (at least 0.5 Elimination of Bias) will also be available.
Co-Hosted by: APABA, SABA, O'Melveny & Myers, Asian Americans Advancing Justice-LA, Center for the Pacific Asian Family, Loyola Law School
RSVP details to come. Questions? Contact Roger Hsieh at email@example.com.
One Week Until TABA's 4th Annual Banquet!
posted on Friday, April 22, 2016
Just one week until TABA's 4th Annual Banquet! We hope to see you there!
Street parking is available and the P2 surface lot will be available and is complimentary after 6pm. Click here for a map of the parking options.
The TABA Board of Governors meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. TABA also has the following committees. If you are interested in attending a meeting, joining a committee, or becoming the chair of a committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Concerns
- Law Student Outreach
For more information, please email email@example.com.
To RSVP for events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.