One Week Until TABA's 4th Annual Banquet!
posted on Friday, April 22, 2016
Just one week until TABA's 4th Annual Banquet! We hope to see you there!
Street parking is available and the P2 surface lot will be available and is complimentary after 6pm. Click here for a map of the parking options.
March 2016 Announcements
posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2016
Did you know March Madness is not about college basketball? It's about all the TABA Mixers going on this month! Come join us!
TABA NEWS, EVENTS AND REMINDERS
- Saturday, March 12th at 6:00 P.M. - TABA MIDWEST MIXER
at Pops for Champagne in Downtown Chicago
- Wednesday, March 16th at 6:30 P.M. - TABA SOCIAL at Everson Royce Bar
in Downtown Los Angeles
- Friday, April 29th at 6:00 P.M.- 2016 TABA INSTALLATION DINNER
Location: The Charleston Haus, 1024 Santee Street, 3rd Floor, LA 90015
Keynote Speaker: Dennise Willett, Senior Counsel and
Chief of the United States Attorney's Santa Ana Branch Office
- Renew your Membership today!!! TABA 2016 Membership Form is available at tabalawyers.org/membership
TABA IN ACTION
- TABA's Executive Board invites its members to attend a mixer for Second Generation Thai American Professionals TOMORROW, March 9, 2016, at the Thai Consul General's Residence in Los Angeles. If you can join us, please email email@example.com for directions.
- TABA supports APABA and its program, "Immigration Primer for Legal Clinic Volunteers" on April 5, 2015 from 6-9pm. MCLE credit may be available. The training is designed to provide basic introductory knowledge of immigration law and key topics for attorneys and volunteers in areas of law concerning citizenship, family-based immigration, asylum, relief for victims of domestic violence, trafficking, crimes and deportation, immigration fraud and the unauthorized practice of law. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- TABA helped to sponsor participants in last year's NAPABA Lobby Day. The deadline to apply for NAPABA Lobby Day 2016, is April 13, 2016. Lobbying efforts will take place from May 23-24th. Scholarships are available for NAPABA members. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
AFFILIATE INSTALLATION DINNERS
Interested in attending and supporting our sister bar associations' dinners? Come join TABA's representatives at the following dinners:
April 1 - JABA; April 8 - SCCLA; April 14 - SABA;
April 26 - OCAABA; April 28 - KABA; May 13 – APAWLA
TABA will subsidize 25% of the ticket price for up to five (5) attendees to the JABA, OCAABA and AAAJ-LA dinners. First come, first served. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Thai Community Development Center is looking to hire a Business Counselor to provide one-on-one business counseling, technical assistance, case management, outreach, and workshops for the Asian Pacific Islander Small Business Program. Candidates must have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Urban Planning/Economic Development or 2-3 years of relevant experience. Candidates must also be bilingual in Thai and English. See flyer below for more information or email email@example.com.
The TABA Board of Governors meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. TABA also has the following committees. If you are interested in attending a meeting, joining a committee, or becoming the chair of a committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Concerns
- Law Student Outreach
For more information, please email email@example.com.
To RSVP for events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.